My Second Foodie Penpal Package
Another month, another great Foodie Penpal box delivered right to more door. This box came from the delightful Stephanie from My Freckled Life. Stephanie filled my box with some terrific treats.
- PopChips – I tore into these right away. I normally associate “popped” with Styrofoam. Not here, these were crunchy and tasted great.
- From the local Yoder’s market, Stephanie included chocolate peanut butter and homemade caramels. The caramels were fantastic. I love a great soft and chewy caramel. Greg loves peanut butter and chocolate, so that treat’s for him. I should probably let him know that, so he can enjoy it.
- Stephanie included two treats from her local farmers market. Honey (love getting honey from other locales) and some amazing handmade lollipops. I enjoyed the Orange You Glad lollipop (orange-vanilla flavored). Greg tried the Punjabi lollipop (pepper-vanilla flavored). Both were amazing.
- A beautiful loaf of Cherry Toasted Almond Whole Wheat Bread. I’ve popped this loaf in the freezer for a special occasion. You know, like a Wednesday.
- Kind Plus granola bars. I’ve fallen in love with a granola bar. I didn’t think it possible, but I have. Thankfully, I’ve found a local source for these.
- Finally, Stephanie’s dog Lacey insisted that she include some local homemade doggie biscuits for Ted. Very sweet and very appreciated by Teddles.
And now it’s time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by September 4th as pairings will be emailed on September 5th!