Make these. Really, you must make these Strawberry White Chocolate Blondies. For one, it only takes about 10 minutes to put everything together before you send them off to the oven to bake to their golden deliciousness. And secondly, as far as I’m concerned, there’s no better baked treat than a moist and chewy blondie.
I was inspired by recipe in Food Network Magazine. Their version called for butterscotch chips and chopped walnuts. I think this version is better. Especially for those averse to nuts in their baked goods. As the jingle goes…”sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t.”
Strawberry White Chocolate Blondies – adapted from Food Network Magazine
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. Spray with cooking spray.
Put butter and brown sugar in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Stir in vanilla and let cool slightly, then stir in the beaten egg.
Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Stir in the white chocolate chips then spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Drop dollops of the jam and swirl with a knife. Bake until set 20 – 25 minutes. Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes, then lift using the foil or paper and transfer the blondies to a rack to cool completely. Remove the foil or paper and cut into squares.
Suggested playlist to make blondies to:
- Strawberry Fields Forever – The Beatles
- The Tide is High – Blondie
- Strawberry Swing – Coldplay
- Chocolate – Snow Patrol
- One Way or Another – Blondie
- Johnny B. Good – Chuck Berry
- Strawberry Avalanche – Owl City
- Chocolate – One eskimO