five senses friday #9
It was a short work week for me, but still a very full week none the less. Here are the highlights in just five senses.
- seeing: red, white and blue everywhere. i bought these little flags yesterday. and yes, i’m the kind of guy that irons out the creases before putting them out.
- tasting: freshly made pesto. as i was watering this morning, i saw my first beetle gnawing at a tender basil leaf. an action plan was created and now there are two jars of amazing basil & walnut pesto in the fridge.
- hearing: a trio of poppy & delightful new summer tunes from some fabulous ladies. Summer Day by Sheryl Crow, King of Anything by Sara Bareilles, and Cry When You Get Older by Robyn.
- smelling: fresh air. we’ve had some wonderfully moderate temps lately. i’ve enjoyed opening up the house and breathing in deeply.
- feeling: introspective. what else would i be doing with my life, if i knew i could not fail? and should i be afraid of failing, anyways?
I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Here’s the flower that didn’t get posted yesterday. My own little natural fireworks in the back garden.